16.7.07

Review of One Step Over the Border

Hap Bowman and Laramie Majors are rodeo partners and long time friends. Hap is in search of a a childhood love named Juanita and won't stop until he finds the Juanita that he met as a twelve year old boy. They begin the journey from Wyoming to the Mexican border in search of Hap's long lost love, picking up odd jobs along the way.

It's one adventure after another as these two cowboys travel towards the Mexican border. The closer to Mexico they get, the more Juanitas they find. Along with many Juanitas, there are mishaps and misunderstandings, new friends, enemies, and a litle romance. Not a boring day to be found, no matter how much Laramie would like one.

This is a great cowboy story. It's an even greater story of friendship and loyalty. The friendship of Hap and Laramie reminds me of another great friendship that I've read about.

1 Samuel 18
1 After David had finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself.

Hap and Laramie are the guys you want riding up when trouble comes your way!

This is the first book I've read by Stephen Bly - I loved it so much I'll be reading some of his earlier books.


1 comment:

Erica Vetsch said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog. I love reading westerns. This was the first Stephen Bly for me too. I'll be looking for more of his work.