12.3.08

The Perfect Life by Robin Lee Hatcher





ABOUT THE BOOK:Katherine Clarkson has the perfect life. Married to Brad, a loving and handsome husband, respected in their church and the community. Two grown daughters on the verge of starting families of their own. A thriving ministry. Good friends. A comfortable life.She has it all--until the day a reporter appears with shocking allegations. Splashed across the local news are accusations of Brad's financial impropriety at his foundation and worse, an affair with a former employee. Without warning, Katherine's marriage is shattered and her family torn apart. The reassuring words she's spoken to many brokenhearted women over the years offer little comfort now.Her world spinning, Katherine wonders if she can find the truth in the chaos that consumes her. How can she survive the loss of what she thought was the perfect life?

My Review: This is the first Robin Lee Hatcher book I've read - I know that's hard to believe for some people! I found the story to be very compelling. The author kept me on a roller coaster ride of emotions that I think would be a reality in a situation such as the one in this story. I loved the ending because it wasn't a perfect ending. The story stayed with me for awhile after I finished and really begged to be thought out in my own mind. I think there are few things worse than never having a way of really knowing with facts if something did or did not happen. Some say the unknown is always worse than the known. I guess that's where faith comes in - trusting in the unknown. Well, actually, trusting in the God of my unknown. That's the lesson I got from this heart felt story. Looking forward to reading another by RLH.

No comments: