17.6.07

In Between by Jenny B. Jones

This book is a blast!
I love Katie Parker, a foster child that's found a home with James and Millie Scott. She's unchurched, street smart, and witty. To her dismay, Katie learns her new foster dad is a pastor.
The christian life is so foreign to Katie, she might as well be living with aliens. Not to mention Maxine, her foster grandmother. Just wait until you meet Maxine - you're going to love her. Probably one of the funniest book characters I've met in a long time.
I won't go into details because I don't want to spoil the fun or surprises.
A great book for pre-teens, teens, and adults. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks good - the first I've heard of it.

C.J. Darlington said...

I loved this book, too! And everyone I know who's read it has loved it as well. I also had the chance to read and advance copy of On The Loose (Book #2), and you won't be disappointed. It's just as good, if not better, than the first. Maxine and Katie have even more stage time together, which makes for some hilarious moments.